Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jingle Bells & Christmas Carols

 
The President, he didn’t have the vaguest
when he told me that
they want me in Key Largo
Listen, I’m a resident of Las Vegas
and doing work to
help bring people to the Monte Carlo
And maybe, just maybe,
my work will be good enough
to afford me a trip back home to Chicago

I received a call
saying that there was a job
by the gulf coast fixing barrels
No, I can’t go,
I’ve got to stay in Vegas and prepare a roast
for the Fitzgeralds
And after that, write a few jingles,
a couple of songs and
a book of Christmas Carols

I’m busy, Las Vegas busy
and working hard
building a railroad
leading to the Santa Fe Station
And after that,
I'll put in a few hours
dedicating myself to another
one of my famous creations
Whatever the case,
I am a Las Vegan
working hard and
writing for every Las Vegas occasion

By: R.J. Fico 

No comments:

Post a Comment