Friday, October 5, 2012

Radio Daze (Ode to KKLZ 96.3)


I was caught on the I-15
When I reached for the radio
and tuned in KKLZ
That's where that crazy Jim Tofte
will probably tell me
that Charly and Mike are up a tree
Reporting on the traffic
something that really should
matter to me
But to be honest,
I don't care
because I'm listening
to KKLZ

Just yesterday morning,
I heard the sounds of a tuba
Hmm, I had probably channeled
in the wrong station
Half asleep, I asked myself
Where the heck is the Big Kahuna?
I really need to heed his warning
before I address the nation

Fumbling across the dial,
Where the heck is 96.3?
I hadn't heard Led Zep in a while
Hmm, how can that be?
Finally, thankfully . . . a voice
Saying just to me
“You’re listening to KKLZ!”
At this juncture
I have no other choice
Than listen
to the Classics on 96.3

By. R. J. Fico

No comments:

Post a Comment